As part of #SweetSaturday series (note to self: please put up a Master Tags post!), I also want to share recipes! 🙂 The Osmanthus & Wolfberry Jelly is something which is hassel-free, but always very well received. It’s a perfect sweet ending to meals, and taste really refreshing during hot weathers! With that hint of red and ‘shimmer’, it’s also a auspicious looking dessert, suitable to dish out for the upcoming Chinese New Year!
Serves about 1.5 tray of the regular konnyaku jelly mold
1. Pre-sweetened Konnyaku Jelly Powder (my to-go brand is Holly Farms – see pic below!)
2. Water (Just follow the Konnyaku instructions)
3. Dried Osmanthus Flower (aka 桂花)
4. 2 spoonful of wolfberries – soak in water until puffy
1. Bring water to boil
2. Add flower, allow to simmer for approximately 2 minutes
3. Add powder, stir until it is fully dissolved
4. Put 2-4 wolfberries into each konnyaku jelly mold, pour in mixture
5. Let it rest till room temperature, then put in the fridge to chill till firm (best to leave overnight, if not put for at least 2-3 hours)
The mixture may start hardening as it starts to cool down while you are pouring it into each mold delicately. But no to worry, you can revert it back to its flowy texture simply by heating it up again.